21.11.07

Bob's in South Pangea

My 3 nights in Chester, South Pangaea

Hello, my name is Bob, and I am an ordinary citizen like you or your neighbor. I am a blogger for the First Internet Broadcast Network. For the next 6 weeks I will be traveling from place to place, around the globe. From time to time I will let you know about all the strange and interesting things around me.

Right now I am in Chester, South Pangaea. Chester is located in the center of South Pangaea, it is a mountainous village in a completely flat country.

As I arrived in Chester I could not believe my luck, I was greeted by the strangest thing I has seen in some time. I was baffled because I had not seen this back home and I knew it was impossible to exist anywhere else, well considering the topography and all.

As my night took that unexpected twist I wound up at my first Galoot ritual (it’s the dominant religion in Chester) there was a lot of dancing and drinking. The most unusual Paloot (religious chief) greeted me and offered some of his peculiar smelling drink. It tasted like grass mixed with cola, not bad, not good, but definitely different. Quite fortunately that beautiful concoction left me with a strange sensation in my head.

While I was enjoying this rather exquisite feeling, I lost track of time and space and the next thing I knew I was I was in my underwear in a wooden tub filled with ice. At first I began to panic, I thought of all the urban legends about the slums of West Pangaea, my head began to feel fuzzy and the world went in and out of focus, but as soon as I summoned the strength I climbed out of the tub one lazy bone at a time. As I was beginning to understand my surroundings, my faculties began to thaw out, and I had the strongest feeling of love in side of me. And at the exact same time people were compelled to surround me and I realized I was still at the Galoot ritual.

It was the ugliest, nastiest, most beautiful thing I had ever been through and I was glad it was only once.

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful, so I am moving on. Stay tuned for the next posting.

No comments: